Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Quick Introduction

I wanted to start off with a quick introduction about the blog, the industry, and myself.

The Blog!

First, I think it’s important to point out that the very first post on the blog was the CEN objectives. The goal of this blog will be to bring together alumni, students, sponsors, and friends to support the network objectives.

I will do my best to share my perspective on topics that are of interest to the readers of the blog – so if you have comments, suggestions, or some direction, feel free to let me know.

The Industry.

Energy is a broad term that encompasses everything from traditional oil and gas to all forms of alternative and clean energy. How to solve mankind’s need for energy is one of the most challenging and complicated issues society faces. The days of easy energy are gone. It’s a complicated industry with a broad variety of opportunities. That’s what makes it exciting! How will you find, develop, and deliver affordable energy to the world in the ever changing geopolitical world we live in?

My Unique Perspective.

I got my start in a small historic town located in the heart of Cajun country where I quickly became immersed in Mardi Gras, Cajun food, Zydeco music, hurricanes, and oil. I graduated from LSU in 2006, Summa Cum Laude, with a B.S. in Information Systems and Decision Sciences. I’ve spend the last three years in various IT strategy roles at Chevron, working on both upstream and downstream projects.

In the fall of 2009, I’ll be starting my MBA, as a Consortium Fellow, at the University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business.


-Josh Mellinger
“Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler & Geaux Blue!”

No comments:

Post a Comment